Index of FAQ topics
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Index of FAQs
, for other places to get answers.
– Main FAQ about using and contributing to Wikipedia.
– General questions about the Wikipedia project.
– Finding, reading and using Wikipedia material.
Schools' and Teachers' FAQ
– Using Wikipedia in the classroom.
Organizations and Business' FAQ
– Guidelines for organizations and businesses about how you are represented in Wikipedia.
– Why you might want to contribute to the Wikipedia project, and how you can do it.
– The ins and outs of creating and editing Wikipedia pages.
– What an administrator (or "sysop") is, sysop status, and server administration.
– Information about
– Questions about Wikipedia software and hardware and their limitations.
– Questions relating to past or present difficulties and criticism.
Article subjects' FAQ
– Questions relating to an article about you, someone you represent, or your organization.
– Questions pertaining to copyright issues.
– Everything else.
– How to download Wikipedia content and/or software and/or create derivative works of Wikipedia.
– About the Books extension.
– Editor's guide to the
– Readers' guide to categories.
– About the
Main Page FAQ
– How it works and other common answers.
Editor assistance FAQ
– Specific to the Editor assistance forum.
ClueBot NG FAQ
– Specific to
– Detailed information about how to cite Wikipedia when you use it as a reference.
Who writes Wikipedia
– An overview of the process and people behind Wikipedia.
Wikipedia:What is an article?
– What constitutes an article.
– Definitions of Wikipedia jargon and acronyms.
– A page to guide you to the right place.
– A descriptive directory of informative, instructional and supportive pages.
The Wikipedia Help Desk
– For questions about How to use Wikipedia.
– Help with various technical difficulties with accessing or editing Wikipedia pages.
The Wikipedia Manual of Style
– Stylistic guidebook to help keep Wikipedia's appearance self-consistent.
Replies to common objections
– Responses to common criticisms leveled at Wikipedia.
– Resources for media inquiries, and corrections to common misconceptions about Wikipedia.
For other useful directories and indexes, see
Retrieved from "